FACTS ABOUT THE STERLING SILVER COLLECTION
HERMINA ATHENS jewelry is made of .925 sterling silver and all gold plated jewelry receive a 1 micro plating.
The jewelry has either a polished or mat surface. Please note that a mat surface will become shinier with wear.
These surface treatments will fade over time because of contact with clothes, hard surfaces, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others.
Everyday or very frequent wear, may speed up this process, especially on items like rings and bracelets, which have more frequent contact with surfaces.
Rings wear the quickest, because they get touched/banged constantly.
- When not wearing the jewelry it is recommended to keep it in a sealed cloth bag, in this way you avoid oxidation of the jewelry.
- Chains, especially thin ones, tend to break or get twisted if they are pulled, sometimes even if they are slightly pulled.
- Do not keep your jewelry in the bathroom because all of the moisture from your shower and sink will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish extra quickly.
- Jewelry boxes are a great place to keep your jewelry, but you should keep in mind that it does not protect the sterling silver pieces from tarnishing and oxidation.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewelry when in the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes can all cause tarnishing and damage.
- Remove jewelry when doing household tasks.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewelry.
- Gently wipe jewelry clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
- Don’t yank or pull chains.
The gold plating must get a new gold layer on when needed.
You can contact us at [email protected] if you would like your HERMINA jewelry replated.